It's flu season, which means crowded waiting rooms and long lines.
Monday, the Elon Health Center wasn't too busy, but it had about a 30-minute wait for most of the day. The health center can no longer take any more appointments this week, so if you're sick and find yourself waiting around for longer than you'd like, there are other options in Burlington.
The FastMed Urgent Care Center on Huffman Mill Road is just a few minutes away from campus. And just down the street from there, also on Huffman Mill Road, is the Urgent Care of Burlington, where they accept walk-ins or appointments.
The CVS Minute Clinic is located on South Church Street, and it's open until 7:30 p.m. on weekdays and 5:30 p.m. on weekends.
NextCare Urgent Care is also located on South Church Street and is strictly a walk-in clinic.
Remember, if you're dealing with an emergency, the Alamance Regional Medical Center Emergency Room is a 24-hour emergency care facility located on Huffman Mill Road.
See below for more information on health centers in the area:
FastMed Urgent Care Center, 104 Huffman Mill Road (on the corner of South Church Street and Huffman Mill Road)
- Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Urgent Care of Burlington, 1225 Huffman Mill Road (walk-in clinic)
- Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
NextCare Urgent Care, 1713 S. Church Street, (walk-in clinic)
- Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
CVS Minute Clinic, 2344 South Church Street
- Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.