At Thursday night’s Student Government Association meeting, a bill, a special allocation and two executive orders passed in the Senate.

The Senate first heard an allocation request from the Elon Local News Morning, a morning show created last spring by sophomore Katie Maraghy and other ELN staff members. The show’s content includes a mix of hard news, feature stories, guests and various demonstrations.

Many student news organizations are funded in part by the School of Communication’s Media Board, but representatives of ELN Morning said the show needed startup money before the board’s next budget hearing.

“I think the morning show is a good thing to invest in because it’s a good balance between hard news and softer news,” said sophomore John Crowder, College of Arts and Sciences representative. “We know the communications school does good things.”

The Senate voted 37-0-1 to allocation $1,700 to ELN Morning. It also voted unanimously to appoint freshman Thomas Gray Miller as a Fine Arts representative and to create an ad hoc committee to discuss the intellectual climate on Elon’s campus.

Finally, senior Patrick Brown, senior class treasure, presented legislation detailing some minor changes to the Fun Fund manual. The Senate voted unanimously to approve the changes.

In other news, the senior class is hosting an event at the Burlington Co-op on Sept. 21. Called the CoHops Beer Festival, the event allows students 21 and older to participate in unlimited beer tasting from 2-5 p.m. Festival goers may also take home a mixed 6-pack of beer. Tickets are $15 and may be purchased in Moseley Center or by contacting Connor O’Donnell, senior class president.

Freshmen elections will be held Sept. 9-10. Stay with the Pendulum for information on candidates and updates on results.