The Elon University men's basketball team is picked to finish third in the Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) this season.
The announcement came this morning when the CAA hosted its first digital media day, announcing the preseason rankings and the preseason players to watch.
The Phoenix rank third on the list, receiving 297 points. Here's where that stacks up in the rest of the rankings:
1. College of Charleston (362 points)
2. Towson University (306 points)
3. Elon University (297 points)
4. Hofstra University (236 points)
5. University of North Carolina Wilmington (197 points)
6. Northeastern University (159 points)
7. University of Delaware (156 points)
8. College of William & Mary (120 points)
9. Drexel University (102 points)
10. James Madison University (65 points)
Elon junior forward Tyler Seibring was named to the CAA Basketball Preseason First Team. Seibring finished the 2016-17 season averaging 14.4 points and 6.9 rebounds per game.
Seibring and the rest of the Elon men's team looks to continue its success from last season. The Phoenix finished the year with a 18-14 (10-8) record, falling in the first round of the CAA Championship Tournament to No. 4 William & Mary.
Women's CAA basketball media day is tomorrow, where the preseason rankings for the women's basketball teams will be announced.