Philo is a television streaming and recording service available to Elon University students living on campus free of charge.
Through Philo, students can access popular channels such as the Food Network and ESPN.
Philo works like a DVR in that students can record episodes of their favorite shows to save and watch later.
Philo can be streamed while students are on campus to most laptops, phones and tablets as well as second generation or higher Apple TVs and Rokus.
Here's how to create a Philo account:
- Go to https://www.philo.com/edu/
- Click "Watch Philo" in the top right corner
- Click "Log in with Elon University"
- Input your Elon username and password
Through Philo, students also have access to HBO Go through which they can view popular HBO television series such as Game of Thrones, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver and Westworld.
Here's how to create your HBO Go account:
- Go to http://play.hbogo.com/
- Click "Sign In" in the top right corner
- Under the "All Providers" drop down menu (passed the table of typical TV providers), choose Elon University. It will be amongst other colleges and universities' names.
- It will connect you to Philo, where you will click "Log in with Elon University"
- It will take you the familiar Elon log in page, so put in your Elon username and password
- You will have to make an HBO account user ID and give your email and zip code