Gibsonville Girls Night
Sept. 28 | 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. | Downtown Gibsonville
- The town of Gibsonville is hosting Gibsonville Girls Night in collaboration with over 20 downtown businesses, including shops, bars and restaurants.
Graham's Thursdays at Seven Concert Series: The Mason Lovette Band
Sept. 28 | 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. | Downtown Graham
- The Mason Lovette Band will be performing on West Elm Street as part of the Thursdays at Seven concert series, presented by Graham Recreation & Parks Department. Participants can bring lawn chairs and shop at local businesses and on-site vendors.
Elon University Fall Convocation: Daymond John
Sept. 29 | 3:30 p.m. | Schar Center
- For Fall Convocation, Elon University is hosting star of ABC’s “Shark Tank” Daymond John. Tickets are $15 or free with an Elon ID and can be purchased at elonuniversitytickets.com.
Phoenix 5th Friday
Sept. 29 | 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. | Historic Depot
- After Phoenix 4th Friday was canceled due to weather, it was rescheduled to Sept. 29. Co-hosted by B-Town Special Events — a division of the Burlington Recreation and Parks department —, Elon University and Burlington Downtown Corp., this event features community groups, food, fun and live music.
Elon University v. William & Mary football game
Sept. 30 | 2 p.m. | Rhodes Stadium
- Elon University will play against William & Mary for the family weekend football game. Tickets are free for Elon students, start at $11 for faculty and staff and start at $30 for the general public. Get tickets at elonuniversitytickets.com.
Alamance Adventure Race
Sept. 30 | 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. | Bill Cooke Park
- This scavenger hunt spans across the county, starting at Bill Cooke Park in Graham. Open to all ages, teams will race to all corners of Alamance County to find challenges and collect points at parks, businesses, open areas and more. Prizes will be given to the top three teams with the most points. Register at alamance.recdesk.com.
Sept. 30 | 2:30 p.m. | Bright Penny Brewing
- Bright Penny Brewing is hosting an Oktoberfest party with beer, food specials, live music and local vendors. The celebration also includes a stein hoisting competition, relay race, lederhosen contest and pretzel eating contest.
Esperanza Hispanic Heritage Festival
Sept. 30 | 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. | Alamance Arts
- The third annual Esperanza Festival is a family friendly community event celebrating the Hispanic and Latinx community. The festival includes live music, cultural dances, food, crafts and community resources.
2023 Fall Festival
Sept. 30 | 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. | Snow Camp Outdoor Theater
- The fall festival will include hay rides, pumpkin painting, food, music and games. Entry is free with varied costs for activities.
Grove Wine & Song Concert Series: Brad Heller & the Fustics
Sept. 30 | 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. | Grove Vineyards & Winery
- Participants can bring lawn chairs and blankets to enjoy blues band Brad Heller & the Fustics and Smokin B’s BBQ & Turkey Food Truck. Tickets are $8 in advance on eventbrite.com or $15 at the door.
Movies in the Park - Coco
Sept. 30 | 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. | Bill Cooke Park
- The Graham Recreation and Parks Department hosts outdoor showing of “Coco.” Participants are encouraged to bring lawn chairs and blankets. A concession stand with drinks, popcorn, candy and glow-in-the-dark necklaces will be available for purchase. Mike’s Icy’s and the Park & Play Mobile Recreation Program will also be on-site.
Shovels and Ropes
Oct. 3 | 8 p.m. | Haw River Ballroom
- Shovels and Ropes is an American folk duo from Charleston, South Carolina. Tickets are $35 in advance at www.catscradle.com/events or $38 at the door.
Elon University v. North Carolina Central football game
Oct. 7 | 2 p.m. | Rhodes Stadium
- Tickets are free for Elon students, start at $11 for faculty and staff and start at $30 for the general public. Get tickets at elonuniversitytickets.com.
Oct. 7 | Noon to 6 p.m. | Historic Depot
- Alamance Pride is an annual, free to attend event that will include live music, DJ, vendor fair, food trucks and a drag show.