Updated as of 7:50 p.m. Aug. 10 to include an additional candidate.
The filing deadline for Alamance Board of Elections candidates was July 20 at noon. City of Burlington elections will be held Oct. 10, while a primary for other municipalities in Alamance County will be held Nov. 7.
Below are candidates running for Elon Town Council, city of Burlington positions and town of Gibsonville positions.
City of Burlington Mayor:
- Jim Butler; Incumbent Mayor since 2021.
- Beth Kennett
City of Burlington Council Member:
- Bob Ward; Incumbent councilmember.
- Celo Faucette
- Charlie Beasley
- Dejuana Bigelow
- Brandy Whittaker
- Cindy Lackey
- Robin S. Wintringham
Town of Elon Council Member:
- Monti Allison; Incumbent councilmember.
- Quinn Ray; Incumbent councilmember.
- Michael Woods
- Sammerah Qawasmy
Town of Gibsonville Mayor:
- Leonard Williams; Incumbent Mayor since 2001.
Town of Gibsonville Board of Alderman:
- Mark Shepherd; Incumbent Mayor Pro Tem since 2019.