The Alamance County District Court today granted Alexis Gray permission to remove the electronic monitoring device she has been required to wear since December 2012, when she was charged with felony possession of a firearm on Elon University's campus.

Gray is awaiting her trial, which is scheduled for Dec. 11. All other bond requirements, including the restriction that bars her from contacting anyone at Elon, remain in place. Gray is only allowed to return to North Carolina for court appearances. She has been permanently barred from the Town of Elon and the Elon University campus.

Gray enrolled in an intensive psychological treatment program upon returning to Pennsylvania late last year. Her attorney told the  Alamance County court she has made progress in her treatment and is not a threat to the safety of anyone at Elon, according to an email sent by Smith Jackson, vice president and dean of Student Life.

Gray entered Elon University’s campus Nov. 25, 2012 with a Remington-597.22 caliber rifle, a knife and 6.5 feet of rope in her vehicle, according to the incident report filed by Elon Campus Police. Her parents and ex-boyfriend, Greg Seelagy, an Elon student, alerted campus police that she was likely traveling to Elon, and the police apprehended her outside Danieley Center. After obtaining a search warrant, the police searched Gray’s vehicle and took her into custody.

Seelagy filed a domestic violence order of protection against Gray. In his complaint, he said Gray asked to meet him “for only five minutes” on Nov. 24, 2012.

“She progressively grew more hostile as I continued to refuse, and eventually threatened suicide if I did not show up,” he wrote in the complaint.

Seelagy said Gray had threatened suicide for years, but she had never given him reason to believe she would carry out the threat.

“She uses suicide to get me to do what she wants me to do,” he wrote.

Seelagy then contacted Gray’s mother, who told him to cease contact with her daughter. In the complaint, he said he honored the request and returned to Elon.

The next morning, Gray’s parents called Seelagy around 10 a.m. They told him Gray was last seen in Virginia buying gas with their credit card, and they advised him to seek the help of the police.

When Elon Campus Police apprehended Gray, they found multiple weapons as well as notes elaborating on her plans, according to the complaint.

On Nov. 26, Seelagy’s girlfriend as of Dec. 3 filed a no-contact order for stalking or nonconsensual sexual conduct against Gray. She said Gray contacted her on four different occasions.

“She harassed me and continuously lied to me about her and Greg’s relationship,” she wrote in her complaint. “After asking her to leave me alone multiple times, she refused and continued contacting my phone.”

She said Gray intended to harm her and Seelagy.

“I was scared for my safety and my life,” she wrote.