One of the many resources Elon University students have access to on-campus is HBO Go.
Ever since Campus Technology switched Elon's television service to Philo, on-campus residents have had the ability to create an account with the online streaming service for free.
Typically, a subscription to HBO costs about $15 per month, or about $10 per month for students, plus tax. What Elon students might not know is that they can stream shows like "Girls" and "Game of Thrones," and movies like "The Breakfast Club" and "X-Men" for free. On-campus residents can use computers, tablets, and smartphones to access HBO Go from anywhere.
Here's how to login:
- Go to http://play.hbogo.com/
- Click "Sign In" in the top right corner
- Under the "All Providers" drop down menu (passed the table of typical TV providers), choose Elon University. It will be amongst other colleges and universities' names.
- It will connect you to Philo, where you will click "Log in with Elon University"
- It will take you the familiar Elon log in page, so put in your Elon username and password
- You will have to make an HBO account user ID and give your email and zip code
Access to this login is only available on-campus because it functions through Philo.
More information can be found on the Philo website at https://support.philo.com/hc/en-us/articles/201810538-Do-I-have-access-to-HBO-GO-.