Wes Elingburg P’11, Elon University trustee and chair of the Presidential Search Committee, has announced the members of the committee in a March 1 email sent to members of the Elon community. The committee will be composed of eight trustees and seven non-trustees, including six alumni and five parents. Two students — juniors Morgan Bodenarain, executive president-elect of SGA and Caroline Dean — will sit on the committee.
Elingburg also encouraged Elon community members to take a confidential survey, emailed this morning, to provide feedback on "Elon’s future priorities and the qualities and experiences you would like to see in the next president." The survey will be due March 10.
Elon community members will also be invited to provide feedback to the Presidential Search Committee and search firm Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates later this month. Students can participate in an open forum at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, March 14 in McKinnon Hall. Faculty can attend a meeting in McKinnon Hall the same day at 4:15 p.m. and staff at 2 p.m. Throughout the process, Elon community members can read updates on the search committee's website.
The full list of committee members:
- Wesley Elingburg P’11 (chair) – Trustee
- Noel Allen ’69 P’07 (co-vice-chair) – Trustee
- Kebbler McGhee Williams ’98 (co-vice-chair) – Trustee
- Kerrii Anderson ’79 – Chair, Board of Trustees
- Edward Doherty P’07 – Trustee
- Chris Martin ’78 P’13 – Trustee
- Edmond Moriarty P’15 P’18 – Trustee
- Douglas Spencer ’16 – Youth Trustee
- David Copeland – A. J. Fletcher Professor and Professor of Communications
- Casey DiRienzo – Professor of Economics
- Joel Karty – Chair of Academic Council, Professor of Chemistry
- Lisa Keegan ’03 – Assistant Vice President and Dean of Undergraduate Admissions
- Morgan Bodenarain – Class of 2018, Executive President-Elect of the Student Government Association
- Caroline Dean – Class of 2018
- Steven House – Provost and Executive Vice President