Last week, Elle posted an article on their site that listed their favorite pairings of wine and junk food. The list provided some great suggestions as well as some much-needed reassurance that I am not the only one who enjoys a tall glass of red with a bag of microwave popcorn.
The wines listed were surprisingly affordable by “real people” standards. We all know, however, that college student standards are much, much lower. With many students living in big cities and working unpaid internships over the summer, spending twenty bucks can feel like handing over your life savings.
For this reason, we’ve constructed our own version of this list. Whether your plans are to binge-watch Scandal or start your pregame at dinnertime, here are your best options for an unconventional spread.
1. Dominos Pan Pizza (extra cheese of course) and Barefoot Malbec
2. Cookout hush puppies and Andre (A possible breakfast of champions)
3. Ben & Jerry’s “Everything but the…” and Yellowtail Merlot
4. A Foodie Grilled Cheese from The Root and Beringer Chardonnay
5. Spinach and Artichoke dip (or any warm, gooey dip) and Yellow Tail Moscato