Are you about to eat a lot of food? Have these snacks on hand next time you want to indulge in some recreational eating. For your munching convenience, we've sorted them by your craving. So what do you feel like? Something...
- Frozen grapes. Just be sure to rinse them off before you stick them in the fridge.
- Dark chocolate with nut butter. When you do keep chocolate in the house, splurge for some good quality dark chocolate — antioxidants and all. Dip in peanut, almond, cashew, whatever-butter.
- Sliced apples with nut butter.
- Popcorn. Pop your own or get some of the natural stuff (sans everyone’s favorite “Movie Theater Butter”), and drizzle some salt and olive oil on top. Try parmesan and red chili pepper flakes if you’re feeling like a lil’ something extra. It’s mostly air anyway, so go crazy.
- Tortilla chips and salsa. Go for yellow corn, and don’t get Tostitos. They’re chock full of salt — yuck.
- The classic feed-a-hungry-crowd meal. Get the water boiling and dig around your fridge for any veggies and cheeses that need to be eaten up. Try mixing them with whole-wheat pasta, and you’ll feel better about yourself afterward.
- A quesadilla. Sprinkle whole-wheat tortillas with cheese and whatever else you have in your fridge. A few seconds in the microwave, and you have a perfect snack.
- Hummus. *drops mic*
- Blend cold watermelon with lemon or lime juice. Yum.
- Iced-coffee (our personal fave). Bump yourself up to a new level of focused.